It is safe to say that English is an important language to learn. But do people really know the facts and figures that come with one of the world’s most popular languages. We have come up with a list of a few of the most interesting and persuasive facts when it comes to learning English.
- In 53 countries English is the official language.
- English is one of the most commonly spoken languages in the world; one out of five people can speak or at least understand
- English. English is spoken as a first language by 400 million people in the world.
- The dominant language of business, science, tourism and computers is English.
- English is the leading language in books, films, songs and TV series.
- Around 50% of the information found on the internet is in English.
- English is one of the most wordy languages in the world; the english language has approximately over 250,000 words.
- More than a billion people are learning English.
It is hard to fight with figures like these so if you are thinking of sitting there thinking you should improve your English, why not get started now and join in with the other billion or so people that are learning!